Saturday, January 22, 2011

Never stop learning

I feel like this past week has been an interesting learning experience.  Last Saturday we helped a friend move.  I learned that helping a friend move totally counts as a workout day.  I am also the kind of person that believes that if said friend lives in a 2nd floor apartment and is moving into a condo which also happens to be on the 2nd floor and neither place has an elevator, it counts as a week's worth of workouts.  I discovered that my head is not harder than the back window of Chris' car.  On a related note, I learned that my head is hard enough to insist that I don't have a concussion - just a nasty headache.  When the headache is directly caused by a very large bump on the back of my head, maybe I shouldn't be trusted on my assessment of my own mental state.

Anyway, moving on.  I found out that you can stave off an impending panic attack with a very large chocolate covered marshmallow Santa.  Also - discount Christmas candy on sale for super cheap is excellent.

I learned that I am only capable of working 6 consecutive 10+ hour days before I start to have panic attacks (see above).

Finally, I learned that sometimes you need to celebrate surviving the week with a bottle of cheap champagne. And that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment