Friday, February 19, 2010

Recorded from an earlier broadcast

It's Olympics time! I love the Olympics. It's one of my favorite things. I love it when they show the people who don't get a medal, they are just so stoked to be there and do their best that they can barely contain themselves. How many times in our lives are we that happy to have just made it through even though we only get the experience as a reward? Incredible.

I have to say I absolutely hate that NBC is running the coverage of the 2010 games from Vancouver, BC, Canada on tape delay. I know, their goal is to make money and running the games delayed to primetime means more advertising dollars. But I hate getting a breaking news email from CNN that Lindsey Vonn won gold in Women's Downhill. I hate having an iGoogle page news posting spoil Shawn White's victory in half-pipe. It's happening live, in my time zone, and I have to stay up until 2am to watch. Nevermind that I'm watching it all on my dvr because I'm lame and in bed by 9pm most nights.

Ok, rant over. My mom and I are participating in Ravelympics2010. I have 2 projects in WIPs Dancing and 1 in 'platter lift' (home decor). I finished a shawl that just needed the fringe added but was sitting neglected for almost a year.

It won a medal and I got a nice participation award as well:



I have to say I have been supremely impressed with the level of detail they have been able to put into this event while keeping track of 8963 unique participants and 20383 individual projects. If you are a member of Ravelry, I highly recommend participating. If you aren't a member of Ravelry, you should be! I'll post more pictures of my other projects in another post. It's so much fun to see everyone's projects and use it as an excuse to finish up some things lying around. I didn't put the space invaders scarf in so it is hanging out in my knitting drawer until the games are over or I finish all my Ravelympics projects whichever comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment