Monday, May 31, 2010

Blue Sock Redemption

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty ready to write off socks after the last two adventures. Then in rides Cheryl with her Knitting UFOs project. Of course, I have to finish the mate to the sock that was my first sock. Cheryl taught me how to knit a sock on double pointed needles about a year ago. I finished that sock and for some unknown reason never did the second one. I remember Chris asking for a pair of socks, so I made him the same type of socks from 'Cheryl's Favorite Sock pattern' in Paton's Stretch Socks in Mineral. Then I knit myself a pair of Halloween socks using the Jacquard & Stripes sock pattern with Patons Kroy Socks Stripes in Burnished Sierra Stripes. Then it all gets kind of fuzzy. I have no idea what happened. But that poor little orphan sock stayed buried in the back of a drawer. It would have stayed there until the end of time if not for Cheryl and her UFOs. So I sucked it up and knit the other sock. It's a ankle sock, with worsted weight yarn on size 5 dpns so it went really quickly. I used Ella Rae Amity Print 103 and the colors were me. I really liked this yarn. Darn you Cheryl and you restoring my faith in my ability to knit a sock with no drama.



No comments:

Post a Comment