Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FOs are like good karma

Right?  Maybe not.

I finished socks for Chris' Mom's birthday....in MAY!  That's right kids.  I finished a whole month early!  Booyah!


It's Twinkle Toes by Cookie A in Paton's Kroy Sock Stripes (color cyan stripes).  That's right, my KAL socks that were doomed from their 'pastie' beginnings worked out beautifully.  (Note: Wikipedia is generally not useful for determining the singular form of pasties.  It says pastie and pasty [citation needed].  NOT helpful.) Not only are these socks beautiful, but they match.  Completely and totally.  When I cast off, the color change was within 3 stitches on the 2 socks.  I knit 2 whole socks and the color change was within 3 stitches.  That's good karma.

I also finished my Happy Valley Top last seen here.  I still love it.  I'm still going to make a matching headband.  I LOVE this yarn.  I really do.  It made rainbows on my needles and I can't tell you the joy that gave me on every stitch.  The only thing I don't like is that it rolls at the bottom, despite being told that "rolls are in".  I don't like it.  Pictures will come after I block the daylights out of it.

I recently had to give a talk at the NIH in Bethesda, MD (Washington DC area).  I went to Knit + Stitch = Bliss and they were lovely.  They let me smell the yarn fumes and fondle fibers and didn't look at me like I was going to stuff merino in my purse and run (cough cough).  I bought souvenir yarn
Classic Elite Yarns Fresco on sale.  But my true love is this:
Oh Malabrigo... how I love you.  The colorway is 853 abril in Malabrigo Sock merino yarn.  Beautiful.

Then this appeared in my knitting basket:
on closer inspection:
Suspicious....that chart is...
Indeed!  I have lost it.  Look at all those bobbins!!  I designed an argyle sock for Chris.  I decided to knit it toe up in the round.  Look at ALL THOSE BOBBINS!  Insanity. 
The only thing I don't like is this weirdness where the join is:
It's all raised and unhappy.  Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment